To report directly to the Utilities Project Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the development.
To take full responsibility for the required standards of Health and Safety, protection of works, presentation and quality of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Site Supervisors role only and is therefore not exhaustive:
- To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Ensure visitors to site are aware of Aberla’s Health & Safety Policy and ensure that they do not go on site if they are not accompanied by an Aberla representative.
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly-adhered to and work closely with Aberla’s Health & Safety Managers.
- Maintain and produce, on request, up-to-date Health & Safety records.
- Ensure all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Fully co-operate with the Company’s Customer Care Policy.
- Fully comply with the Company’s Customer Satisfaction Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure all directly employed personnel work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
- Ensure all sub-contractors work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
- Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by all site personnel.
- Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff. Provide training, coaching, appraisal and support as required to improve the performance of directly employed site staff.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Take ownership of agreed build programmes at pre-start meetings and accept and check the full build package handed over at this meeting by the Company.
- Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (Openreach Engineering Principles, PIA requirements, Safe Dig, Council Permitting and Reinstatement).
- Ensure compliance to agreed A55 process as specified.
- Ensure all council permits and noticing conditions are being met on site, to the NRSWA process.
- Ensure that all Traffic Management/ TTRO requirements are met and recorded.
- Ensure cost effective production in line with development budgets by ensuring that the work undertaken is in full accordance with the cost provision allocated and as confirmed in cost valuations.
- Organise regular site production meetings and pre-plan and ensure efficient usage of all resources, including application of quality supervision and communication regime of labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials.
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company’s performance is notified to the Project Manager immediately.
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Project Manager in accordance with Company Policy.
- Ensure site security and good practice is maintained at all times.
- Ensure sensible level of stock control in accordance with build requirements including proper checking and recording of deliveries.
- Ensure the quality of finished product accords with Company and warranty provider expectations
- Ensure all site administration is carried out in accordance with divisional Head Office requirements.
- Always represent Aberla Services Limited professionally in both personal appearance and conduct.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
- Person Specification: Essential criteria relevant to the job(Requirements necessary for safe and effective performance in the job)
Skills knowledge and aptitude
- Communication skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to embrace training
Qualifications and training – essential
- CSCS Card at Site Supervisor level
- Valid CITB SMSTS certificate
- NRSWA Supervisor qualification
- MEWP Ticket
- PIA Accreditation
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- IT literacy, using portals and apps to upload progress completed/ reports
- Experience with supervising FTTH network build
- Experience and knowledge of CDM regulations
- In-depth knowledge of the Openreach Network
- Experience in street works working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Current full UK driving licence