- Finance Manager
As the Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will be responsible for the full Purchase ledger function (including subcontractor ledger) including, processing invoices, supplier queries and disputes, preparing payments, credit card expenses, employee expenses, statement reconciliations, monthly reporting and reconciling Purchase Ledger to Nominal Ledger. Although this role is primarily purchase ledger focused, there will be a requirement to perform other finance related tasks as necessary to support the Finance Director and Finance Manager.
The role will involve:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a hands-on role working within an established finance team. Due to the growth of the business, the role will grow and vary over time and therefore a flexible / adaptable approach is key to the role.
- To oversee the day to day transaction processing with regard to the purchase ledger, including coding, matching of invoices to GRNs and POs, posting invoices to the ledger and ensuing all invoices are properly authorised in accordance with Group procedures and authority limits.
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Manage the workflow within the team.
- Manage the processing of all supplier and subcontractor payment runs along with ad hoc payments.
- Monitoring corporate credit card transactions and taking ownership of monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers across the business
- Ensuring invoice queries and disputes are resolved in a timely and efficient manner and escalated to the appropriate heads of departments and directors where necessary.
- To manage the daily controls to ensure all bank postings are reconciled along with purchase ledger control accounts.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Ensuring the month-end close off is adhered to within strict deadlines, making sure all supplier statements are reconciled and appropriate accruals identified.
- Process monthly employee expenses
- Administration of company fuel cards including processing invoices, reviewing and reporting spend, managing cards/users
- Develop an excellent working relationship with internal key stakeholders to bridge the gap between operations and suppliers.
- Incoming and outbound calls to suppliers.
- Provide finance manager with periodic reports as agreed and needed on a time to time basis.
- Look for trends, unusual activity and increased spend in business area by type and timing
- Mentor and develop the team and provide a positive and encouraging environment to allow the department to grow and develop
- Review processes for efficiency and accuracy and work to streamline and automate processes where appropriate
- Involvement in the decision-making and implementation of appropriate software systems
Skills, knowledge and experience – essential
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Strong excel skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate and build strong working relationships with non-finance staff, specifically the Commercial and Operations teams
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally & with our supply chain.
- Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play active role in the team
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge
Skills, knowledge and experience – preferred (but not essential)
- Experience within the Construction sector
- Previous experience/knowledge of subcontractors, CIS, VAT reverse charge
- Previous experience of Sage 50
- AAT qualification as a minimum
- Current full UK driving licence
- Salary: Negotiable
- Pension Scheme: Yes
- Bonus Scheme: Yes