Job Title: M&E Project Manager
About Aberla Group
Aberla is an M&E and energy infrastructure specialist based in North West England and operating across the UK. We have an in-house design and delivery team, which enables us to provide our clients with a full turn-key solution.
We are flexible with our delivery model and strive to be a long-term partner. We have strong financial backing – consisting of institutional investment and high net worth individuals. The Group offers our partners Energy Management, Renewables, Utilities and M&E services.
We work for private developers, construction companies, local authorities, social housing associations and energy companies, to name a few.
- To report directly to the Operations Director on all matters relating to the day to day running of the construction activities.
- To take full responsibility for the required standards of Health and Safety, protection of works and personnel, programming and quality of the product.
- To work to the agreed build programme and financial parameters set by the Operations and Commercial directors for the particular development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Project Managers role only and is therefore not exhaustive:
- To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Ensure visitors to site are aware of Aberla’s Health & Safety Policy and ensure that they do not go on site if they are not accompanied by a Aberla representative.
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly-adhered to and work closely with Aberla’s Health & Safety Managers and Operations Teams.
- Maintain and produce, on request, up-to-date Health & Safety records.
- Ensure all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted. • Fully co-operate with the Company’s Customer Care Policy.
- Ensure all directly employed personnel work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
- Ensure all sub-contractors work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
- Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by all site personnel.
- Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff. Provide training, coaching, appraisal and support as required to improve the performance of directly employed site staff.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Take ownership of agreed build programmes at pre-start meetings and accept and check the full build package handed over at this meeting by the Company.
- Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (NICEIC, Gas Safe, NHBC, LABC Services and the like).
- Ensure cost effective production in line with development budgets by ensuring that the work undertaken is in full accordance with the cost provision allocated and as confirmed in cost valuations.
- Organise regular site production meetings and pre-plan and ensure efficient usage of all resources, including application of quality supervision and communication regime of labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials.
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company’s performance is notified to the Operations Director immediately.
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Operations Director in accordance with Company Policy.
- Attend and minute a weekly Operational Meeting with your Operations Director to keep each other appraised from both a health and safety and programming point of view.
- Ensure site security and good practice is maintained at all times.
- Ensure sensible level of stock control in accordance with build requirements including proper checking and recording of deliveries.
- Ensure the quality of finished product accords with Company and warranty provider expectations.
- Build in accordance with relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and warranty requirements in force at the time.
- Ensure all site administration is carried out in accordance with divisional Head Office requirements.
- Always represent Aberla Services Limited professionally in both personal appearance and conduct.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
Essential criteria relevant to the job (Requirements necessary for safe and effective performance in the job) Skills knowledge and aptitude:
- Communication skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to embrace training
Qualifications and training – essential:
- CSCS Card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- Valid Mechanical and/or Electrical qualification (NVQ or equivalent)
Qualifications and training – desirable:
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with Group policy
- Trade experience and site experience preferable
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- Current full UK driving licence
Bonus Scheme: Yes
Pension Scheme: Yes