Job Title: M&E Quantity Surveyor
Report to: Commercial Director
The Quantity Surveyors role is to be the commercial lead on a project and/or projects throughout the North-West, ranging in value between £500k and £10million, to answer directly to the Commercial Director on all commercial matters
Oversee all project specific commercial matters and provide support to the operational team, ensuring cost effective solutions to meet the company’s objectives.
About Aberla Group
Aberla is an energy infrastructure specialist based in North West England and operating across the UK. We have an in-house design and delivery team, which enables us to provide our clients with a full turn-key solution.
We are small enough to be flexible with our delivery model, yet large enough to be a long-term partner with strong financial backing – consisting of institutional investment and high net worth individuals. The Group offers our partners Energy Management, Renewables, Utilities and M&E services.
We work for private developers, construction companies, local authorities, social housing associations and energy companies, to name a few.
The role will involve
- Overall commercial responsibility for a project.
- Candidate should have knowledge of both electrical and mechanical installations,
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final accounts
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to operations team on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts with both client and supply chain
- Commercial analysis of main contract terms and conditions along with review and approval of all numbered documents
- Commercial analysis of sub-contractor tenders and placing of sub-contract orders.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly contract forecasting report
- Overseeing preparation of accurate sub-contractor packages for pricing and liaising with our supply chain
- Clarifying any design requirements with clients and/or their agents
- Undertaking value engineering exercise alongside clients and estimating team.
- Building and maintaining a strong working relationship with clients.
The M&E Quantity Surveyor will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working as part of a Project Team
- Good communicator with the ability to lead and oversee projects
- Experience of working on multi-discipline M&E projects
- Experience in a previous M&E Quantity Surveying role
- Experience of managing both design and build and traditional build contracts.
- Ability to review and adhere to variety of contract conditions
- Relevant qualifications in a mechanical and electrical and/or commercial discipline
- Ability to maximise return/benefit through client relationship and supply chain management
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Computerised cost management software and IT skills as appropriate.
- Ability in the use of Microsoft Excel
Office Location: Warrington and North West site office
Bonus Scheme: Yes
Health Care: Yes
Pension Scheme: Yes
Aberla are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief, sex, race, age or sexual orientation.