Design, planning and QCI of various telecoms projects across the Aberla business.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Support the wider team on fibre related projects
- Ensuring preconstruction services are delivered and fit-for-purpose
- Assist with the pricing and quality of tender submissions.
- Use of knowledge and experience of all aspects of planning FTTP/FTTx projects, in both underground and overhead scenarios.
- Designing, planning and QCI of Low-Level Design.
- Complete High-Level Design,
- Quality Check control activities
- Potential for some surveying activities
- Motivating and encouraging internal and external designers /consultants
- Ensuring drawings and designs are produced on time, to a high quality, and are easy to decipher
- Working with clients to ensure that their expectations and specifications are met
- Reviewing designs with local building and planning regulations, British standards and health and safety in mind
- Avoiding errors and reducing financial risk during construction
- Ensuring designs are available to those who need them, at the appropriate time
- Maintaining thorough documentation of the design process
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation and codes of practice relating to design
- Working in an office, with occasional site visits.
Skills knowledge and aptitude:
- Able to come up with new ways of doing things
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Persistence and determination
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
- Undertake technical reviews of design information to interrogate the design for completeness and quality, compliance against statutory regulations/standards/ERs, and identify any value engineering opportunities and risks.
- Reviewing 3rd party designs and reports and check design solutions compliance.
- Attending, where appropriate, meetings with the client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members, project review meetings and workshops.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to work collaboratively
- Well organised with a good working knowledge of document control software packages
- Excellent technical knowledge.
Required Experience – Essential:
- Construction/design related further education
- At least 3 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience and working knowledge on GIS software i.e QGIS, ArcGIS, Comsof, GE Smallworld, etc
- Experience fibre planning on BT Openreach Network PIA
- Proven ability of designing large complex mixed-use schemes
- Strong appreciation for health and safety
- Good time management and the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge on Low Level Design required
- Experience on High Level Design, Quality Check and Surveying
- FTTP methodologies and design experience