Fibre Optic Network Surveyors/FTTP Surveyors
To report to the project manager and undertake all works associated with and including the surveying and planning of optimal fibre optic (FTTP/FTTH) routes for the client. In time this may include the organisation and management of multiple operatives and work streams.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines. Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure which may belong to CityFibre or owned/ operated by a third party.
- Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps.
- Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings.
- Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation.
- Identifying customer networks and reviewing proposed methods of construction to ensure that all requirements are compliant.
Skills knowledge and aptitude:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to read CATV or telecom construction blueprints
- Ability to understand surveying software applications, such as Q Field (QGIS)
- Understanding of routing of telecom wiring from point to point
- Understanding of legislative and regulation requirements, including but not limited to, wayleaves, permits and associated agreements
- Ability to manage and coordinate works for multiple team members
Qualifications and training – Essential:
Relevant PIA surveying qualifications, including, but not limited to:
- SA001 Safety Overhead
- SA002 Safety Underground
- S5 PIA Pole Surveying
- S6 PIA Duct Surveying
- Unit 2 Street Works
Qualifications and training – Desirable:
- S11 FTTP for Surveyors
- Previous experience working on fibre optic network development projects.
- Specifically, the surveying and planning of potential FTTP/FTTH networks is essential. A minimum of 3 years’ experience is required.
- Previous experience operating laser range finders and measuring wheels.
- Experience working as part of a team and coordinating works for multiple operative (desirable)