Job Title: Electrical Estimator
M&E Estimating Manager
Produce Electrical Estimates from tender packages
Quantifying, measuring and calculating materials, labour, and obtaining subcontractor packages.
About Aberla Group
Aberla is an energy and utility infrastructure specialist based in North West England and operating across the UK. We have an in-house design and delivery team, which enables us to provide our clients with a full turn-key solution.
We are flexible with our delivery model and strive to be a long term partner. We have a strong financial backing – consisting of institutional investment and high net worth individuals. The Group offers our partners Energy, Utilities and M&E services.
We work for private companies, construction companies, local authorities, social housing associations, funders and energy companies, to name a few.
The role will include:
- Carrying out electrical estimating on tenders with values ranging from £100k to £10m+.
- Calculating installation time and materials for electrical works.
- Obtaining and reviewing sub-contractor packages and liaising with the supply chain.
- Producing estimates in accordance with Company procedures and process map.
- Identifying opportunities and risks during the tender process.
- Plan their own work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Clarifying any design requirements with clients and/or their representatives.
- Compiling clarifications, exclusions, assumptions, and qualifications for tenders.
- Producing contractors’ proposals for design & build enquiries to be submitted alongside the commercial proposal.
- Attending tender adjudications and discussing the content of their estimate with colleagues.
- Attending and actively taking part in Mid and Post Tender Interviews.
- Attending and actively taking part in handover process to the operations team.
- Carry out value engineering.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with clients/or their representatives.
The Electrical Estimator will possess the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years in the building services/construction sector, preferably with experience of carrying out electrical installations.
- Relevant qualifications/experience in an electrical role.
- Candidate should have extensive knowledge of electrical engineering and estimating.
- Ability to work on multiple enquiries concurrently.
- Working as part of a team.
- Good communicator.
- Working within a preconstruction team and/or commercial setting.
- Working in a previous electrical estimating role.
- Estimating medium/large size electrical projects within all sectors.
- Estimating design, build and traditionally designed tenders.
- Experience using computerized estimating systems and IT skills as appropriate, particularly Excel.
Office Location: Warrington
Bonus Scheme: Yes
Pension Scheme: Yes