To report directly to the Project Manager on all matters relating to the day to day office administration within the Manchester Office.
To take responsibility for the office environment ensuring it is presentable to internal and external customers and completion of all required administrative tasks including but not limited to use of microsoft office, organisation of meetings and minute taking.
Reporting to (Internal):
Project Manager, Commercial Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Lead Surveyors, Surveyors
Reporting to (External):
Sub-contractors and Client representatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Administators role only and is therefore not exhaustive:
- Answering and directing calls within the office environment
- Issuing documents to other members of the team
- Working alongside Supervisors & Project Managers ensuring the relevant weekly documentation is provided
- Organisation of house-keeping within the office
- Checking and placement of deliveries to the office
- Ensure visitors to the office are aware of Aberla’s Health & Safety Policy and ensure that they do not enter the office if they are not accompanied by an Aberla representative.
- Ensure all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
- Fully co-operate with the Company’s Customer Care & Customer Satisfaction Policies.
- Managing the electronic filing systems for all live projects – drawings, tender packages, estimating information, client meeting minutes etc.
- Organising all filing cabinets for each live project and new projects.
- Creating and updating head office and site health and safety folders for all site managers and members of staff.
- Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by office personnel.
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company’s is notified to the Managing Director immediately.
- Ensure sensible level of stock control in the office
- Always represent Aberla professionally in both personal appearance and conduct.
- Liaising with all subcontractors and clients for drawings surveys and updated revisions.
- Creating excel spread sheets (matrix) for a regular update of staff qualifications and training needing, sending this to all pre-construction managers and liaising with site staff to ensure all information is correct and maintained.
- Regular stationary checks (every Friday) for things needed in the office.
- Scheduling and organising key calendar appointments for any of the required staff.
- Preparing documents, presentations and other materials for team meetings and client meetings using established formats and standard software.
- Replying to external emails on the main company email address.
- Any other general adhoc duties as requested by other members of staff.
Essential criteria relevant to the job
(Requirements necessary for safe and effective performance in the job)
Skills knowledge and aptitude
- Communication skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to embrace training
Qualifications and training – essential
- Microsoft package – Word, Excel (Data input), PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic first aid training
- Experience of management of working in an office environment
- Ideally have experience working within the telecommunication industry, will need to understand or be familiar with the Openreach Portal.
- Current full UK driving licence
Send your CV to email@example.com