Aberla completes Solar PV & Battery Storage contract for Cheshire West & Chester Council
The scheme, which was in association with ForHousing and partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), provided residents with an excellent opportunity to become part of the transition to cleaner energy.
The Aberla Renewables Team installed the technologies to approximately 200 premises across the area, combatting fuel poverty and improving the quality of life for residents.
Benefits for the Council and residents include:
- Reduced dependency on more expensive power generated from the national grid
- Generate additional income through selling any unused electricity back to the grid
- Homes to be powered by renewable energy 24 hours a day (with a solar battery installed)
- Reduced energy expenditure which means more money in residents’ pockets
- A more secure energy source with little possibility of being overloaded
Paul McCarren, chief executive officer at Aberla commented, “It is essential for us to collaborate with organisations such as Cheshire West & Chester Council, we share a lot of their values and it was a pleasure to work with them.”
Part of the Low Carbon Housing Support Programme, this project is a vital step towards a net-zero future by decarbonising the region’s electricity supply. It is likely similar schemes will be at the forefront of the Government’s Net Zero Strategy, which is expected to be released in Winter 2020.